How To Make A Harvey Wallbanger
Learning how to make a Harvey Wallbanger is an easy, straightforward process. The orange-flavored alcoholic beverage features orange juice, vodka and orange liqueur. Some bartenders use fresh squeezed orange juice and citrus infused vodka when making a Harvey Wallbanger to add even more orange flavor to the cocktail.
To make a Harvey Wallbanger, you'll need:
- one highball glass
- a cup of ice
- orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- vodka (plan or infused with citrus)
- orange flavored liqueur
- an orange slice for garnish
To make a Harvey Wallbanger:
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Pour two oz. of vodka over the ice. To make a Harvey Wallbanger, you can use plain vodka or a citrus infused or flavored vodka.
- Pour four oz of freshly squeezed orange juice into the highball glass.
- Top off the glass with ¼ oz. of an orange flavored liqueur.
- Use a long spoon or swizzle stick to gently stir the beverage.
- Finish making a Harvey Wallbanger by placing an orange slice on the rim as a garnish.
- To make your own citrus infused vodka, slice three lemons, half an orange and a quarter of a grapefruit and add the citrus to a 750 milliliter bottle of plain vodka. Let the mixture sit for two or three days, then strain the fruit and use the vodka to make an extra juicy Harvey Wallbanger.
- If you don't have access to fresh orange juice, you can use purchased orange juice or juice made from orange juice concentrate to make a Harvey Wallbanger.