How To Make Healthy Fish Tacos
Want to learn how to make healthy fish tacos? Do you love Mexican food but crave healthier options? Fish tacos are a great alternative to ground beef tacos. Healthy fish tacos are tasty and easy to make. This version of healthy fish tacos is spicy and grilled to kicks it up a notch.
Things you will need to make healthy fish tacos:
- 1 cup corn
- Half cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and chopped jicama
- 2 tbsp. salt
- Half cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 12 whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- While prepping and preparing contents of this dish. preheat grill to high heat.
- In a medium bowl, place red onion, corn, jicama, red bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice and zest together and mix.
- In a small bowl, place salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper together and mix.
- Brush tilapia fillets with olive oil, coating them evenly.
- Sprinkle the tilapia fillets with desired amount of seasonings.
- Place tilapia fillets on grill grate.
- Cook for three minutes on each side or until tilapia becomes flaky.
- Warm whole grain tortillas.
- Fill the whole grain tortillas with tilapia fillets. For each taco top with corn salsa and sour cream.
Healthy fish tacos are a great dish for dinner or a quick lunch. Try mixing up different flavors and experimenting with different toppings. For healthy fish tacos, any white fish will work. The seasonings you use are your choice. If this dish is too spicy, remove cayenne from the recipe and swap the red pepper for a green pepper.