How to Make Herb Dumplings is rather simple if you have a good recipe. Dumpling are very good if added to soup or stews. Herbs dumplings go well with almost any type of chicken, vegetable or beef soup. When adding the dumplings to the soup you will want to add them last when soup is boiling.
You will the following need to make herb dumplings:
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- a medium size bowl
- smaller bowl or plastic containers
- frying pan
- spoon or spatula to stir ingredients
- pastry blender or fork
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup regular milk
Easy Herb Dumplings
- First, wash the fresh basil and oregano in a colander then drain. Chop the basil and oregano remove stems and discard. Measure 1/4 cup of each in a measuring cup put aside in small plastic container.
- In a skillet on top of the stove measure the olive oil into the pan heat on medium high. Add the chopped basil and oregano and sauté about five minutes. Turn off the stove and spoon the cooked herbs into small plastic container and put aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add the flour, salt and baking powder. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter or fork. The mixture should resemble dry crumbs or be crumbly.
- Now add the basil and oregano mixture. Stir in the milk. Mix ingredients well. Make sure the dough is well mixed add more milk if needed.
- Break off dough into small balls and shape into rounded dumplings on tablespoon then drop into soup that is boiling on the stove. Let the herb dumplings cook at least 20 minutes in the soup before serving. You can cook the dumplings separately from the soup by boiling a pan of water and dropping the dumplings into the water for 20 minutes. Remove then add to soup or stew.