How to make hockey puck cookies does not require culinary mastery, and really comes in handy during the holidays. One of the easiest cookies to make, hockey pucks only have three ingredients and don't require baking, because there isn't any real batter. Easy, right? Here are the necessary ingredients:
- Sixteen ounces of peanut butter (typically one jar)
- Sixteen ounces of buttery, circular crackers (Ritz is a good option, but use your favorite!)
- One pound of semisweet chocolate, cut into pieces
An important thing to know before you begin making hockey puck cookies is how to make a double boiler, because this is how you melt the chocolate. When melting chocolate it's easy to burn, which is why a double boiler comes in handy. To make hockey puck cookies requires a chocolate coating, so you definitely want to know how to melt your semisweet chocolate. So, instead of just putting a bowl of chocolate on top of your stove, but the bowl atop a pot of boiling water. This will make for a more gentle heat source, but still effective in melting your chocolate. Now, onto the directions:
- Spread one teaspoon of peanut butter onto each cracker, and place another cracker on top, making a sandwich.
- Now, put your chocolate pieces in your double boiler over medium heat and stir frequently until melted. Be sure that you begin with chocolate pieces all relatively the same size so that they melt at the same rate.
- To safely dip the sandwiches in the chocolate and ensure an even coating, place a cookie on a fork and submerge the cookie fully in the chocolate. Carefully lift the fork so that the cookie doesn't fall off, and wait for the excess chocolate to drip before setting on wax or parchment paper.
- Once all of the cookies have been dipped, refrigerate (covered) until chocolate hardens, about an hour.
How to make hockey puck cookies is really that simple and super easy for even the amateur chef!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.