Learn how to make home made sticky buns and prepare yourself for a great breakfast treat. This recipe will have the family’s mouth watering and the homemade sticky buns will melt in your mouth. The flavor is outstanding and the sticky buns can even be frozen for future use. Be prepared for this to be a family favorite recipe for homemade sticky buns.
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 Cup warm water
- 1 Cup warm milk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 5 1/2 to 6 Cups flour
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 4 Tablespoons softened butter or margarine
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water and milk. Whisk in the sugar. Put two cups of the flour into the bowl. Whisk together really well, then let it sit for ten minutes.
- Stir in the salt and beaten eggs, then add the remaining flour, one cup at a time. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured countertop and knead for ten minutes.
- Place the ball in a bowl rubbed with vegetable oil and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a draft-free area for one to two hours, or until doubled in size. Punch the dough down and knead it again to remove air bubbles.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a large rectangle, about 10 by 14 inches. Spread two tablespoons of butter over each rectangle. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the mixture over the buttered dough.
- Starting at one of the longer edges, roll the dough into a jelly roll. Cut the dough into one inch sections with a sharp knife. Place each piece in a 13 by 9 inch baking dish that has been generously buttered and sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. The sticky buns should just barely be touching. Cover the sticky buns with plastic wrap and let them rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack for five minutes. Serve while warm. Makes 24 sticky buns.
To freeze, store in airtight container and freeze for up to six weeks. Unthaw at room temperature and microwave for 30 seconds.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.