Want to learn how to make homemade apple juice? Nothing beats the taste of pure apple juice, but most apple juice on the market shelves are full of sugar and unpronounceable multisyllable words that do not sound appetizing. The process is surprisingly simple with a little effort and proper planning.
To make homemade apple juice, you will need:
- Apples (eight pounds)
- Three Cups of Water
- Preserving Jars
- Paper Towel
- Large Pot
- Large Strainer
- Large Bowl
Wash the apples with cool water. Dry the apples with the paper towel.
Core and chop the apples into inch sized cubes, it is not necessary to peel the apples. The smaller size will allow the apples to release their juices quickly.
Place the water and apples into the pot. Place the pot on the stove with the fire set to medium high heat.
- Bring the apples and water to a rapid boil. Turn the fire down to low.
- Simmer until the apples are soft and tender. Make sure to stir the apples occasionally to ensure the sugars from the apples are not caramelizing in the pot. Remove the pot from the heat once the apples are tender.
- Line the strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and place the strainer over the bowl. The multiple layers will ensure a smooth and pulp free apple juice.
Pour the apples as well the juice into strainer. Let the apples sit for at least two hours to strain as much juice as possible.
- Place the pot back onto the stove. Pour the strained apple juice into the pot.
- Heat the strained apple juice over low heat. Bring the apple juice to a simmer, do not boil.
- Simmer the apple juice for five minutes. Turn the fire off immediately.
- Bottle your apple juice. Place your homemade apple juice in the fridge immediately.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.