How To Make Homemade Biscuits
Learn how to make homemade biscuits that will taste delicious. The key to making fluffy biscuits is to not overwork the dough when blending, so you may want to use your hands to work the flour mixture instead of a fork. This recipe will make twelve biscuits.
Things you’ll need:
- Two cups flour
- Four tbsp. butter
- Two tsp. baking powder
- Half tsp. salt
- Three-fourths cup milk (maybe a little less)
- Biscuit cutter or cup with two-inch diameter
- Cookie sheet
- Use a flour sifter to sift the flour into a bowl. Add salt and baking powder to the flour and sift one more time into a new bowl.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture. Use your hands to mix the butter and flour together.
- Slowly add milk to the flour mixture. Keep adding the milk and mixing your ingredients together until you have soft dough with all of the flour incorporated.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean counter. Gently knead the dough for 30 seconds. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough so that it is about half an inch thick.
- Cut the rolled dough into two-inch circles. You can use a biscuit cutter coated with flour or use a larger cup with a two inch diameter dipped in flour to cut homemade biscuits.
- Place the dough cutouts on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the oven on the center rack for twelve to fifteen minutes at 400 degrees.
- You can make smaller tea biscuits by using a smaller glass one and a half-inch in diameter to make tea biscuits.