Learning how to make a homemade bodyboard is not too difficult and the result is certainly well worth the time. With the right materials, the process is super easy.
You will need the following to make a homemade bodyboard.
- Foam core large enough for board
- X-acto knife or electric knife
- Spray paint
- First, purchase all of the necessary materials. Most of these should be available at any crafts supply store or home improvement store, and foam cores may be found online using search engine inquiries, though many crafts stores have them as well. Be sure to buy a foam core that is at least two inches thick, and large enough for you to cut a board that fits your body size from it.
- Cut a rectangular shape from the foam core that fits your body. This will be the frame of the board.
- Next, and this step can require some finesse, cut at the front corners of the board a little bit to give it a rounded front. Then, taper the front few inches of the board's underside up, forming a point, like that on the front of a boat's hull.
- Use sandpaper to sand everywhere on the board that you used the knife, making it smooth and comfortable.
- Once the board is completely smooth, spray paint it. It may be worth doing this twice to intensify the board's color.
Learning how to make a homemade bodyboard is not very difficult, and well worth the time. The next time you decide to go to the beach, you will be glad that you spent a few minutes to construct a board.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.