How To Make Homemade Bongo Drums
Want to know how to make homemade bongo drums? Looking for something fun and creative to do on a boring day? Or maybe you are trying to keep the kids quiet for a few minutes of peace? Learning how to make homemade bongo drums is a sure fire way to bring a smile to all faces involved in this fun project. With a few simple steps and supplies, you will be playing your homemade bongo drums in no time.
You will need:
- 2 empty oatmeal or coffee cans with lids
- Glue gun
- 2 large wooden beads
- Ribbon, string or shoelaces
- Paint and other decorative items
- Decorate the containers using the paint and other craft items and allow to dry.
- Replace the tops on the boxes and turn the containers upside down. The silver bottom of the cans are now the top of the bongo drums.
- Measure the rope, string or whatever your chose for your bongo drum strap, making sure it is long enough to fit comfortably around your shoulders.
- Make a small hole on both sides of each container near the top and affix string by knotting inside of each hole. These are now the straps to your bongo drums.
Glue a wooden bead about a third of the way down the container and allow it to dry. Repeat with second wooden bead, slightly farther down from the first one.
- Glue the beads (attached to the first can) to the remaining oatmeal container once they are both completely dry, so the can can stand side by side.
- Get ready for a home made jam session and have a great time!
Tips and suggestions:
- Using hot glue gun works just as well as craft glue and takes a shorter amount of time to dry.
- Bring out all sorts of glitters and other decorative touches to add to your bongo drums.
- Hide the drums from the kids when your don't feel like being bombarded by loud sounds.
- Use this craft as a fun time filler when you are entertaining large groups of children.