Want to know how to make homemade bongo drums? Looking for something fun and creative to do on a boring day? Or maybe you are trying to keep the kids quiet for a few minutes of peace? Learning how to make homemade bongo drums is a sure fire way to bring a smile to all faces involved in this fun project. With a few simple steps and supplies, you will be playing your homemade bongo drums in no time.
You will need:
- 2 empty oatmeal or coffee cans with lids
- Glue gun
- 2 large wooden beads
- Ribbon, string or shoelaces
- Paint and other decorative items
- Decorate the containers using the paint and other craft items and allow to dry.
- Replace the tops on the boxes and turn the containers upside down. The silver bottom of the cans are now the top of the bongo drums.
- Measure the rope, string or whatever your chose for your bongo drum strap, making sure it is long enough to fit comfortably around your shoulders.
- Make a small hole on both sides of each container near the top and affix string by knotting inside of each hole. These are now the straps to your bongo drums.
Glue a wooden bead about a third of the way down the container and allow it to dry. Repeat with second wooden bead, slightly farther down from the first one.
- Glue the beads (attached to the first can) to the remaining oatmeal container once they are both completely dry, so the can can stand side by side.
- Get ready for a home made jam session and have a great time!
Tips and suggestions:
- Using hot glue gun works just as well as craft glue and takes a shorter amount of time to dry.
- Bring out all sorts of glitters and other decorative touches to add to your bongo drums.
- Hide the drums from the kids when your don't feel like being bombarded by loud sounds.
- Use this craft as a fun time filler when you are entertaining large groups of children.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.