If you like to work with wood you may want to learn how to make homemade bookcases. Homemade bookcases can add storage and style to your home and can be made to suit every décor. Below you will find instructions for a basic homemade bookcase.
To make a homemade bookcase, you will need:
- Lumber (generally 1 x 2, 1 x 4, & 1 x 10 boards)
- Lauan for the back
- Circular Saw
- Combination Square
- Tape Measure
- Wood Filler
- Putty Knife
- Nail Set
- Drill Bit Set
- Shelf Pins (if you want adjustable shelves)
- Measure and cut your boards. The exact measurements for your cuts will depend on the size bookcase you are going to build. Using the tape measure and combination square to make precise marks, measure twice before cutting your boards with the circular saw.
- Drill holes for shelf pins. If you have chosen to make your shelves adjustable, mark the holes and drill them out of the shelf pins.
- Start your assembly. Using glue and screws, start the assembly process step by step. Attach the sides to the top and bottom to construct the basic form of your homemade bookcase. Attach the lauan on the back last after ensuring the bookcase is level and plum.
- Attach trim boards. If you have chosen to add trim to your bookcase, now is the time to install it. Additional materials needed to install trim are a miter saw and finishing nails.
- Insert shelves. Once the bookcase is constructed add the shelf pins and install the shelves to your homemade bookcase. Adjust the shelf pins to the heights that are needed for your bookcase.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.