If you like to work with wood you may want to learn how to make homemade bookcases. Homemade bookcases can add storage and style to your home and can be made to suit every décor. Below you will find instructions for a basic homemade bookcase.
To make a homemade bookcase, you will need:
- Lumber (generally 1 x 2, 1 x 4, & 1 x 10 boards)
- Lauan for the back
- Circular Saw
- Combination Square
- Tape Measure
- Wood Filler
- Putty Knife
- Nail Set
- Drill Bit Set
- Shelf Pins (if you want adjustable shelves)
- Measure and cut your boards. The exact measurements for your cuts will depend on the size bookcase you are going to build. Using the tape measure and combination square to make precise marks, measure twice before cutting your boards with the circular saw.
- Drill holes for shelf pins. If you have chosen to make your shelves adjustable, mark the holes and drill them out of the shelf pins.
- Start your assembly. Using glue and screws, start the assembly process step by step. Attach the sides to the top and bottom to construct the basic form of your homemade bookcase. Attach the lauan on the back last after ensuring the bookcase is level and plum.
- Attach trim boards. If you have chosen to add trim to your bookcase, now is the time to install it. Additional materials needed to install trim are a miter saw and finishing nails.
- Insert shelves. Once the bookcase is constructed add the shelf pins and install the shelves to your homemade bookcase. Adjust the shelf pins to the heights that are needed for your bookcase.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.