Making breakfast for your partner can be an intimate and wonderful way to connect in those few precious hours you get together before life kicks in, and a great way to impress can be found in learning how to make homemade cinnamon french toast. French toast is rich, and tasty and this cinnamon twist on the classic dish is sure to render even the toughest food critic speechless. This French Toast recipe can be fatty, though, so if you need to cut back try to substitute an egg or two with solid egg whites, and using low-fat milk is always recommended.
You will need a few ingredients to make this scrumptious Cinnamon French Toast:
- Three large Eggs
- One tablespoon of butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Ground Nutmeg
- Eight slices French bread
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple syrup (optional)
- White sugar based frosting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Coat a skillet with a thin layer of cooking spray or oil.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Add milk, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and butter to the mixture. Mix well.
- Dip the sliced bread into the French Toast mixture, turning it once so they are evenly coated. Shake off any excess mixture. You don't want the bread to get too soggy.
- Turn your stove to medium-low heat. Cook each slice of bread about one to three minutes on each side. The toast should be golden brown. Keep the French Toast warm in the oven while you cook the remaining slices.
- Lightly dust each slice of bread with powdered sugar and the remaining cinnamon.
- Arrange all of the homemade Cinnamon French Toast on a circular serving dish and garnish with a drizzle of white sugar frosting and maple syrup (optional).
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.