Believe it or not, knowing how to make a homemade drum set can come in handy one day. Children love things that make noise, and you will appreciate how busy a homemade drum set will keep little Timmy while you do chores. Making a homemade drum set is simple and takes little time.
Things You Will Need
- Oatmeal canister
- Construction paper
- Stretchable fabric
- Find a canister to use. Your home is full of potential canisters to use for your homemade drum set. An empty oatmeal container will produce one of the best sounds your little tyke will ever experience.
- Spruce up your canister. Sure, the temptation is there to throw little Susie a plain oatmeal container to beat on, dress it up a little. This will save you the time later on when they come back to you to dress it up. Crayons, markers, and glue can make for a snazzy homemade drum set.
- Choose a topper for the canister. The topper is the part the kid is actually going to be beating on. You can use everything from a piece of construction paper to a stretchable fabric for the topper. Be sure to pick something that will actually make noise when you beat on it.
- Put the topper on the canister. Use whatever you can to secure the topper across the opening of the canister. Glue, staples, or tape are great products to use to secure the topper on a homemade drum set.
- Find drumsticks to beat the drums. Drumsticks can include pencils, chopsticks, or pens. Look for something that won't easily break and can be used for a long period of time.
Now that you have put together the best homemade drum set in the world, give it to the kid. Although the temptation is strong to pick up your career as a drummer, resist it. You will get way more gas with a preoccupied kid than one screaming because you won't share.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.