Learning how to make a homemade hot tub can be accomplished with a few supplies, mostly wood, and the desire to soak up some R&R alone or with a few friends. Though you can purchase one pre-made from a store, building a hot tub yourself isn't an absurd task to take on. Just follow these steps!
You will need:
- Reflectix Backed Radiant Barrier Insulation
- Circular, Galvanized livestock Water Trough
- Foil Backed Tape
- Tongue and Groove Pine Boards
- Galvanized Metal Sheet
- Hot Water Pipe Line
- Three by Four Inch Water Drain Plug
- Galvanized Nails
- To make a homemade tub you'll need a circular, galvanized livestock water trough three feet high by five feet across in size. Use a reflectix backed radiant barrier for insulation purposes. Cut pieces to fit the bottom of the tub all the way to just under the rim, and wrap around the entire tub. This is done to ensure that the water is kept warm. Tape the reflectix pieces in place with foil tape. Using foil tape is preferable because it is not affected by heat.
- Next, fix the reflectix backed radiant barrier to the tub with the help of galvanized nails and remove the tape. Make sure that the insulation does not break.
- Take tongue and groove one-by-six-foot pine boards and cut pieces to make the hot tub’s head. Cover the boards with two one-by-two-foot wide to four-foot wide galvanized metal sheets and sprinkle some sand on it.
- The last step is the installation of pipelines. Using professional help, bring a pipe line from the most convenient place to the homemade tub. Then attach faucets to make the filling process easier. Finally, attach a three-by-four-inch drain plug—this will allow you to drain dirty water from the tank.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Social-Media Problems Ello Solves
From privacy to nudity—why the Anti-Facebook's time has come.
Beer Brain: Sam Adams’ Kosmic Mother Funk
This private-reserve beer drinks like a fine port or brandy.