Learning how to make a homemade hunting scent cover is a fairly easy process. Anyone who has been hunting knows the importance of having to mask your scent from the sensitive noses of your prey. This recipe for homemade hunting scent cover has been used by hunters for generations.
To make a homemade hunting scent cover, you will need:
- Pine needles
- A strainer
- A spray bottle
- A pot with a lid
- A funnel
- A pitcher
- Collect around three to four pounds of the listed materials. These natural materials will serve as your new scent when hunting. Keep the dirt to a minimum among your materials collected as this will make your homemade hunting scent cover dark brown in color.
- In a large pot, combine the natural materials. Fill the pot with water to ensuring that all your natural materials are completely covered in water.
- Bring your pot to a rolling boil. A rolling boil is when the bubbles are “rolling” at the top of the water. Once your pot of water achieves a rolling boil, cover the pot.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Once the heat has been reduced, you will want to let the homemade hunting scent cover simmer in the water for 30 minutes. Turn off heat after 30 minutes and let the mixture cool to a warm temperature.
- Pour your mixture through a strainer. This works best if you place the strainer over a pitcher to collect the liquid. Discard any of the solid materials left over.
- Using the funnel, pour your hunting scent cover into a plastic spray bottle. Keep in mind that adding the dirt to the materials will cause your hunting clothes to become discolored, but this has not been a huge concern due to hunting attire being camouflaged.
- Spraying your hunting clothes. To mask your scent with your homemade hunting scent cover, you will want to spray your clothing and let it air dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?