It's always fun to have friends over and share laughs over a few drinks, especially if you know how to make homemade liquor. For those who entertain frequently, it can become costly keeping a stash of liquor in your home. Sure, you can ask people to bring their own bottle to contribute but not everyone is comfortable with that. The next best thing would be to make your own. Though it may sound like too much work, it really is not. The following article will show you how to make homemade liquor.
You will need the following to make homemade liquor:
- Your choice of alcohol (preferably vodka)
- Flavored extracts or fruit flavors
- Glass bottles
- Bottle corks
- Pick a base. You can use whatever you prefer depending on the taste that you are going for. Most people prefer vodka, because it is a colorless and tasteless drink. Price of the alcohol is not really a factor as long as it is a good quality. In other words, you do not have to go for the most expensive bottle of vodka but you definitely do not want to get the cheapest bottle.
Choose a flavor. You have two choices when it comes to flavoring your liquor. The first choice is using a flavored extract poured directly into your liquor. The other choice is using fresh ingredients, such as your choice of fruit and/or spices. For fresh ingredients, you will have to let it steep in the liquor for anywhere from a few days until a few weeks.
- Let it rest. Once all of the ingredients have been chosen, you will have to mix them together. Put contents in a glass jar with a tight lid and store it in a dark place at room temperature. If you do not have a dark area in your home, you can use a brown paper bag. You will have to rotate or stir the bottles of liquor every day.
Strain excess ingredients. If you chose to use any fresh fruit or spices, then you will find small pieces of the fruit or spice broken up in the liquor or sitting at the bottom of the bottle. Use a strainer and coffee filter to pour the liquid through into another jar or container leaving the particles in the filter to be thrown away. There is no need for the fruit as the flavor is gone from sitting in the liquor.
- Sweeten your liquor. You do not want to just pour sugar into the liquor. It will not settle correctly and you will not be able to tell if it is sweet enough. Make a syrup using one part water and two parts sugar. Simmer the water and sugar in a pan on the stove until the sugar is completely dissolved. Once the syrup is cooled at room temperature, you can sweeten to your liking. After sweetening liquor, it is best to let it age for about a month or so for best results.
- Bottle up the liquor. Choose the bottles that you will use for your liquor; make sure they are glass bottles. You can also choose to dress it up with labels. You can look online for ideas on labels and print them out for your bottles. If your bottles do not have corks, you can purchase them at craft stores or wine supply places. After the desired aged time has passed, you can serve your liquor however you prefer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.