Learning how to make a homemade skimboard is a fairly easy if you know how to use tools and work with wood. Only a few basic supplies and tools are needed for you to make a beautiful skimboard at home for use in the waves at the beach. Following is some advice on how to make a homemade skimboard.
How to Make a Homemade Skimboard: Materials
- One sheet of plywood
- Powered saw
- Electric Sander
How to Make a Homemade Skimboard
- Buy your materials. Everything may be found at any home improvement or construction supply store.
- Decide upon the dimensions of your skimboard. It should be the right size for your body size. Trace this onto the sheet of plywood.
- Using the powered saw, cut the skimboard shape out of the plywood sheet. Be careful not to stray off of the outline that you have drawn on the wooden board.
- Using the electric sander, gently smooth all of the edges of the freshly cut board. Take your time, and make sure not to sand too deep into the wood.
- Using sandpaper, sand the board all over. Try to remove any uneven areas on the sides, and then give the top and bottom a general sanding to make both sides smooth. Use some fine grain sandpaper, and sand the board all over. This will only remove rough areas and imperfections, but it will not go deep into the wood, and misshape it.
- Apply some varnish to the sanded skimboard. Wait for the first layer to dry, and then apply a second and a third layer. This will make the board smooth, and protect it from the saltwater.
Learning how to make a homemade skimboard is not hard. Take your time, and use the suggested materials well, and you can have an excellent source of fun for use the next time that you go to the beach. If you would like to, you may paint the board before applying the varnish, to give it color.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.