Learning how to make homemade tartar sauce using mayo increases your condiment choices. Tartar sauce is great on fish and can be used as a spread on many different types of sandwiches. You may even enjoy your homemade tartar sauce as a dipping option for fries and vegetables.
To make homemade tartar sauce using mayo, you will need:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickles
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- A pinch of kosher salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- A food processor
- A knife
- A cutting board
- Chop the pickles as finely as you can on the cutting board with the knife. Cutting the pickles now will help them to blend better with the other ingredients in the food processor.
- Add the mayo to the food processor. Mayonnaise is the main ingredient in homemade tartar sauce, so using a good quality mayo will improve the final taste of your tartar sauce.
- Pour the white wine vinegar into the food processor. You can also use an equal quantity of champagne vinegar, which will impart a crisper tang to your homemade tartar sauce.
- Add the chopped pickles and capers to the food processor. The pickles and capers add savoriness as well as texture to the homemade tartar sauce.
- Spoon the mustard into the food processor. A coarse-grain mustard is excellent in homemade tartar sauce.
- Add the kosher salt and black pepper. It is best to use freshly ground black pepper if you can, as fresh ground pepper imparts a nice bite to homemade tartar sauce.
- Pulse the mixture briefly; five pulses should be satisfactory. You want to blend your homemade tartar sauce, not puree it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.