If there's one thing horses love, it's food, which is why many horse owners want to know how to make horse treats. There are lots of different treats that horses will enjoy, whether it has carrot or apple, or it's cooked or not. So we've come up with our basic horse cookie recipe that most any horse will enjoy. Some other popular horse treat ingredients include molasses and peppermint. Making these horse treats is great as a family activity, for the kids at the barn, to sell, or just for you and your horse.
Ingredients needed for horse treats:
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup bran
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- Mix ingredients. Cream sugar and margarine until fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, bran and baking soda, then blend into creamed mixture.
- Put on cookie sheet. Drop the horse treat mixture by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. This should make about 4 dozen horse treats.
- Bake. Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes, or until light brown. Then remove them from the oven and let them completely cool. Be careful not to burn yourself or your horse's mouth on the horse treats.
- Feed the horse treats to your horse. Save them for after a good ride, or give them to him or her after he stands still for the ferrier. Whenever you give them to him or her, your horse is sure to enjoy the treats!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.