A Horse's Neck cocktail is a delicious cocktail from days of yore. Unless you find an old bartender, you'll have to tell him or her how to fix your Horse's Neck cocktail, but the time you spend explaining this interesting drink will be well worth your time when you get your first sip. Easy to make and easier to drink, the Horse's Neck cocktail is sure to delight any bourbon drinker.
To make a Horse's Neck cocktail, you will need:
- A martini shaker
- A tumbler cocktail glass, such as that used for an Old Fashioned cocktail
- 2 ounces of Bourbon
2 short shake of the bottle of Angostura bitters (use less if you don't like the bitterness factor)
- Ginger Ale (for a nice twist, consider using a spicier ginger beer in place of the ginger ale). Sugar-free ginger ale will be too sweet for this drink so use the full sugared version of ginger ale.
- Lemon twist for garnish – Make a lemon twist by slicing the peel of a lemon down just to the pith (the bitter white part under the peel). Peel off a quarter inch of lemon peel and twist with your finger in a clockwise fashion.
- Step 1: Fill the martini shaker half full with ice.
- Step 2: Add in the bourbon and bitters. Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds, or until the outside of the martini shaker is chilled.
- Step 3: Fill a tumbler cocktail glass with fresh ice and strain the contents of the martini shaker into the glass. Top off with ginger ale and swirl to mix.
- Step 4: Float the lemon twist on the top of the drink for garnish. You can release more lemon flavor by twisting the peel in your fingers and dropping it back into your Horse's Neck cocktail.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.