Why save the little packets from the local fast food joint, when you can learn how to make hot taco sauce in a few easy steps? Hot taco sauce is an essential condiment for an authentic Tex-Mex experience. This hot taco sauce recipe takes only a few minutes to put together. It can be adjusted to your personal level of heat and provides a bold blend of spices. So whether you like it just a little caliente or you prefer a five alarm sauce, this recipe is perfect. Impress your friends at your next fiesta with this spicy hot taco sauce.
To make hot taco sauce, you will need:
- 1 can (8 ounces) unseasoned tomato sauce, preferably no-salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (Use Mexican oregano if possible.)
- 1.5 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cayenne pepper, Tabasco or habenero sauce to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients except the hot seasoning (cayenne, Tabasco or habenero) together in a saucepan over low heat until warm. Stirring occasionally. Heating the sauce brings out the natural oils in the spices and intensifies the flavors.
- Gradually add in the hot seasoning of your choice, tasting as you go. If you are feeling adventurous, try a blend of the hot seasonings. Stir the hot seasonings in thoroughly.
- Use the hot taco sauce warm, or allow the sauce to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate any unused portion.
This hot taco sauce will keep up to a week in the refrigerator. It tastes best when it is warmed before serving and can be reheated in the microwave. It also makes a great sauce for wings!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.