You can learn how to make a Hunter's cocktail by following a few easy steps. This strong, two-ingredient drink warms up a hunter after a long day of bagging bucks or just hiking through wooded trails. Use premium liqueurs for this drink for the best results. Cheaper liqueurs may attain less than desirable results.
When making a Hunter's Cocktail, you will need:
- Ice cubes
- Short cocktail glass
- Stir stick
- 1 1/2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1/2 ounce cherry brandy
- maraschino cherry
- Place four or more ice cubes in the cocktail glass. Fill the glass about halfway full with ice.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of rye whiskey to the cocktail glass. Rye whiskey is most often recommended for a Hunter's cocktail, but corn whiskeys are a fine substitute. The Huntress cocktail, the female inspired, lighter version, uses an ounce of these three ingredients instead of the whiskey and brandy: bourbon, cherry liqueur and cream.
- Add 1/2 ounce of cherry brandy to the cocktail glass. Chill your cocktail glass beforehand for an extra cold drink to cool down sweaty, hunter bodies.
- Stir the two liqueurs together in the glass with a stir stick. You can use a spoon or another utensil if you don't have stir sticks on hand. You can also chill liqueurs a few hours beforehand if you prefer ice-less drinks.
- Place a maraschino cherry on top of the drink. The cherry adds a hint of flavor and color, and garnishes the Hunter's cocktail. Add a splash of grenadine to this drink for a sweeter version.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.