Learn how to make ice cream cone cupcakes for the next time you need to provide a fun food for a bunch of kids (or the kid in you). Ice cream cone cupcakes are easy to make and something a little different.
To make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes, you need:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) packaged cake mix of choice (plus ingredients listed on package instructions)
- Approximately 30 flat-bottomed ice cream cones, plain or colored
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla icing (or homemade)
- candy sprinkles or other decorative additions
Steps to make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes:
- Prepare cake mix batter according to directions on box. Use any standard cake recipe batter of your choice—yellow, chocolate, white, confetti, etc.
Heat oven to temperature recommended for cupcakes on cake mix package (probably 400 degress F).
- Place flat-bottomed ice cream cones in the cups of a regular muffin baking pan. Pour enough cake batter into each cone to fill 2/3 full (about up to the first ridge of the cone). Be careful to not over-fill.
Bake for the time recommended on cake mix box as indicated for cupcakes (around fifteen to eighteen minutes).
- After baked cupakes cool, frost cupcakes with your favorite icing recipe or used store-bought. Decorate frosted ice cream cone cupcakes with sprinkles or other decorations.
- Store ice cream cone cupcakes loosely covered. To avoid soggy ice cream cones, it's best to eat them the day they're made.
Alternatively, bake cupcakes in paper lined muffin cups with an upside down ice cream cone placed on the batter of each one. Remove paper linings after cooling and generously frost each ice cream cone cupcake with icing and decorate.
Another idea is to top each ice cream cone cupcake with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …