Learning how to make ice cream does not take a lot of know-how. Making ice cream is very simple and even a child can make ice cream with these very simple tips. There is nothing that makes a person happier than to be presented with a homemade bowl of ice cream. Children, adults and yes, even the sick look forward to the day that ice cream is served.
Strawberry Ice Cream This is a very simple recipe to make and you will enjoy the flavor immensely. You can use store-bought frozen strawberries if fresh are no longer available. The cream can be substituted for evaporated milk, but do not use sweetened condensed cream unless you greatly reduce the sugar. It is very important to use good quality ingredients and to have grease free utensils when preparing the ice cream to freeze.
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar for the strawberries
- 1/2 liter of milk
- 250 grams heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 150 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Place the strawberries in a food processor, along with the two tablespoons of sugar. Pulse slowly until the strawberries and sugar are mixed well. Place the strawberries in the refrigerator.
- Place the egg yolks and the sugar in a bowl and whisk until frothy. Place the milk, cream, vanilla and the egg yolk mixture in a medium saucepan and heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the custard thickens. Remove from the stove and place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- After the custard is completely cool, add in the strawberries and mix slightly. Add this mixture to an ice cream freezer and then begin to freeze the mixture.
- If you do not have an ice cream freezer, you can place this mixture in the freezer. After each hour, remove the ice cream from the freezer and mix well.
- Place the ice cream back in the freezer and continue freezing. Serve this ice cream with just anything your little heart desires.
Easy Frozen Yogurt Frozen yogurt is easy to make, and it is a slightly tart type of ice cream. Frozen yogurt can be made with any fruit. This frozen yogurt is made with labane (yogurt drained of the whey).
- 1 pound yogurt, drained completely
- 1 cup chopped cherries, frozen
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Drain the yogurt by using a cotton cloth over a strainer. Strain the liquid off the yogurt for at least twelve hours.
- This will be a very thick cheese. Place the yogurt cheese, honey, lemon juice and cherries in a blender.
- Pulse the yogurt mixture a few times until everything is mixed well. Place the yogurt in a container to freeze and seal.
- Every hour, remove the yogurt from the freezer and stir. Serve this frozen yogurt with some chocolate chip cookies.
Easy Chocolate Ice Cream This recipe uses whipping cream or your favorite powdered whipping cream mix. This ice cream can be interchanged with fruits and flavors of your choice. For increased flavor, try some strawberry whip cream.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of whipping powder, with 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 ounces chocolate, shredded
- Place all the above ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for two and a half to three minutes. Pour the yogurt mixture into a container and seal.
- Stir the ice cream every hour and then seal again. You can easily substitute your favorite fruit instead of the chocolate.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.