How To Make Indian Curry
Learning how to make Indian curry will not only allow you to treat yourself to a delicacy, but it will also help you impress your family and friends! Although you will need to invest in many bags of spices initially, those spices are highly versatile, and even a small pack can last you for a long time. It is fun to make Indian curry as there are many different recipes for you to experiment with. Read on to see how you can make Indian curry with chicken.
To make Indian curry:
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 slices ginger
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and diced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp fenugreek powder
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oil in a big frying pan. Fry the ginger, onion and garlic until golden. Turn it down to medium heat.
- Put in the diced chicken breasts. Let it cook in the pan for a while before you add in the vegetables.
- One of the most important step to make Indian curry is to create the perfect flavor with spices. Therefore, you need to carefully measure the garam masala and fenugreek powder. Add them to the food in this order.
- Stir the mixture before adding the curry paste. The curry paste is the fastest way to make Indian curry like a professional.
- Add in the tomato puree to create a paste. To make Indian curry that is authentic, the paste must be thick enough so you can soak it up with rice.
- Add about half a cup of water. Let the food simmer for fifteen minutes so the paste will thicken. Season with salt before you serve.
You may purchase curry paste with a different spiciness level to suit your own taste bud.