How To Make Instant Mashed Potato Recipes With Mayo
Learn how to make instant mashed potato recipes with mayo for a quick and delicious side dish that will work with any meal. If made properly, instant mashed potatoes are almost as good as made from scratch mashed potatoes. When you add in a few extra ingredients like mayo to make the dish unique, no one will even pause to wonder if you took a short cut. This easy recipe will serve eight people.
To make instant mashed potatoes with mayo, you will need:
- 2 2/3 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 2/3 cups water
- cup milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- tsp salt
- two tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- medium sized pot
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Turn the burner on high.
- Put water, milk, butter, and salt in the pot. Place on burner. If you want to make the mashed potatoes taste more like homemade, you can substitute chicken broth for all or part of the water in this recipe.
- Bring to a boil. Keep an eye on the pot. It will boil over quickly if neglected.
- Remove from burner.
- Mix in instant mashed potato flakes. Stir well with a fork. Whip for fluffiness. Potatoes will thicken as they cool, but if they look overly loose add in a spoonful of flakes at a time to thicken.
- Stir in mayonnaise and garlic powder. Adjust thickness with more milk or more flakes.
- Serve this tasty mashed potatoe dish hot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with gravy, butter, or chives if desired.