How To Make iPod Playlists
If you're a new iPod owner and find yourself having trouble learning how to make iPod playlists, look no further. Making an iPod playlist is fairly easy and can be done in two ways. You can create an iPod playlist using either your itunes music library or even the music library already on your iPod.
To make an iPod playlist, you will need the following:
- a USB cord compatible with your iPod
- the latest version of itunes
- Create a playlist using your iPod. You can easily create a new playlist for your iPod by going to the songs you want to include and holding down the "select" button. A prompt will appear, asking if you want to "add selected song to playlist." Hit the select button again to confirm. This new play list will be called "On-the go" and it will be saved under music>playlists. Note: This option does not apply to the iPod shuffle. To make a playlist for the iPod shuffle or to make a playlist for your iPod using your itunes library, continue to step 2.
- Download the latest version of itunes. If you don't have the latest version of itunes, your computer might not recognize your iPod. You can get the latest version of itunes at apple.com/itunes. You can also open your itunes library and select Store>check for available downloads. Note: Make sure your iPod is connected to your computer.
- Name your playlist. Find the iPod icon under "devices" on the left itunes menu. Click on it. Go to File>Create New Playlist. You can also use your keyboard to create a new playlist by selecting Ctrl+N. Now click on your new playlist which should be called "untitled playlist 1" and type over the default name and call it whatever you want.
- Add songs to your iPod playlist. You can add songs to your iPod by going to your itunes library and dragging them to your iPod playlist. To drag songs from itunes, hold down the shift key to select multiple songs then use your mouse to drag them to the ipod icon. If you want to add songs from your iPod to your ipod playlist, drag then from your iPod's music library to your new playlist. Note: If you want to sync your itunes music library with your iPod, go to File>Sync iPod. This way, you won't have to manually add songs to your iPod.