If you are looking for a St. Patrick's Day drink that is a little more exciting than the usual green beer, learn how to make an Irish cactus cocktail. This drink features the unlikely combination of Irish cream whiskey and tequila which blend together very well to create a rather smooth and unexpected flavor medley. When you are looking for something different that is also festive and has a fun name, look no further than an Irish cactus cocktail. Whether it's Cinco de Mayo or St. Patrick's Day, happy hour or just another Saturday night, there is always a good reason to make an Irish cactus cocktail.
To make an Irish cactus cocktail, you will need:
- One oz Tequila
- Two oz Irish Cream Whiskey
- Old-Fashioned Glass (or other short drinking glass)
- Stirring stick or spoon
- Prepare the glass. Fill an old-fashioned glass halfway with ice. If you don't have an old-fashioned glass, any type of short transparent glass will work well. Ice cubes work best to keep melting to a minimum but crushed ice will work too.
- Add the liquor. First pour the tequila into the glass and then top with the Irish cream whiskey. Stir well with a stirring stick or spoon. The key here is to blend the liquors as much as possible so that neither flavor overwhelms the other.
- Serve cold. An Irish cactus cocktail should always be served cold on the rocks. Drink quickly to avoid having the ice melt and water down the drink.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?