Need to know to make an Irish Flag Shooter cocktail? It takes a few ingredients and a touch of skill to make, but it’s also one of the more colorful cocktails you’ll ever drink. It’s named Irish Flag Shooter because it’s a shot that resembles the Irish flag, obviously.
To make an Irish Flag Shooter cocktail you will need:
- Green Crème de Menthe
- Irish Cream Liqueur
- Grand Marnier
- Shot Glass
- Ingredients. To make an Irish Flag Shooter you will need Green Crème de Menthe, Irish Cream Liqueur, and Grand Mariner. The ingredients in this cocktail aren’t really interchangeable with anything else so you have to stick with the recipe with this one.
- Quantities. To make an Irish Flag Shooter you need to pour one ounce of Green Crème de Menthe, one ounce of Irish Cream Liqueur, and one ounce of Grand Mariner. Simple enough. There’s not much to it, just stick to the recipe on this one and remember it’s going into a shot glass not a jug.
- The glass. You'll need to select a shot glass to pour the drink into, hence the name Irish Flag Shooter. It’s not meant to be a large drink, or even a medium sized drink. It supposed to be a shooter. So stick to a shot glass.
- Mix it up. This is the part of making an Irish Flag Shooter that requires a bit of skill. The idea is that you end up with three separate layers of alcohol that don’t mix until your swallowing it. First pour the Green Crème de Menthe into the glass, then carefully pour the Irish Cream liqueur so it rests as a layer on top of the Green Crème de Menthe. Then finish off with the Grand Mariner. Use a spoon to help make the layers if you need it.
- Drink the drink. And Enjoy. Lot’s of people swear by chasing it with a cold Guinness.