How To Make A Jabalpur Cocktail
A Jabalpur cocktail is a little known drink but those who do know it and know how to make a Jabalpur cocktail, love it. It is also a drink that is gaining in popularity as more and more exotic drinks are made available in bars all across the country. Bourbon drinks were very popular in the 1920’s and for many years, faded into near obscurity. A nostalgic drink revival, however, is bringing drinks like the Jabalpur back into bars. The Jabalpur cocktail is a bold drink combining rye whiskey and bourbon and makes a great pre- or post-dinner drink.
What you’ll need to make one Jabalpur cocktail:
- 1 cocktail shaker
- ½ cup roughly crushed ice
- 1 oz good quality bourbon
- 1 oz good quality rye whiskey
- ½ oz Amarula cream
- ¼ oz Chambord liqueur
- ½ oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 chilled highball or other cocktail glass
- lemon peel or wedge of lemon to garnish
- FILL Remove the lid of the shaker and fill the cocktail shaker half full with the crushed ice.
- COMBINE Add the bourbon, rye whiskey, lemon juice, Amarula cream and Chambord to the shaker.
- SHAKE Place the lid on the shaker and make sure it is on tight. Keeping one hand on the lid of the shaker and one on the base, shake the cocktail shaker vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- STRAIN AND POUR Strain the liquid into a chilled cocktail glass.
- GARNISH Garnish with a twist of the lemon peel or a thin wedge of lemon and serve while still very cold.