Now you can make your own Jamaican food at home with this recipe on how to make Jamaican curry chicken. You no longer have to go to a Jamaican restaurant to enjoy delicious and authentic curry chicken. Just try this recipe and you will be surprised at how delicious and flavorful homemade Jamaican curry chicken can be.
- 1 chicken
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 hot pepper sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp Jamaican style curry powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups water
- Clean and remove skin from chicken. You can also use boneless chicken breast instead of a whole chicken.
- Cut chicken. Into medium size pieces.
- In a large bowl. Combine chicken, onion, green bell pepper, hot pepper, tomato, salt, pepper, Jamaican curry powder and garlic powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Use a big spoon or gloves to mix.
- Place in refrigerator for at least one hour. You can prepare your Jamaican curry chicken at night and leave it in the refrigerator until you are ready to prepare it the next day.
- Pour olive oil into a large pot.
- Allow the oil to become hot. Put in your marinated Jamaican curry chicken.
- Sauté your Jamaican curry chicken for about ten to fifteen minutes. On medium heat or until chicken has browned.
- Add water. Stir and place a lid on the pot.
- After about fifteen minutes. Add your potatoes and carrots.
- Allow your Jamaican curry chicken to cook for an additional thirty to forty minutes. Add more water if need. Check seasonings.
- Remove from heat. Jamaican curry chicken is done once it thickens.
- Serve your Jamaican curry chicken. Over white rice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.