How to make a Japanese Slipper Cocktail is a very easy task. This cocktail was originated in 1984. It was created in the Mietta's Restaurant by the popular Jean-Paul Bourguignon. It has since remained very popular.
When making a Japanese Slipper Cocktail, you will need the following:
- 1 ounce of Midori
- 1 ounce of Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce of squeezed lemon juice
- Garnish: maraschino cherry
- 6 crushed ice cubes
- Mixer glass
- Cocktail Glass
How to make a Japanese Slipper Cocktail:
- Place your garnish, maraschino cherry, into your cocktail glass first. With this recipe, you are going to start out by placing your maraschino cherry into you cocktail glass. This way the juices of the cherry can be in the glass before the other ingredients.
- Fill your mixer glass with crushed ice cubes. Take your six crushed ice cubes and put them in your mixer glass. You can use more or less ice cubes in this glass if preferred.
- Add Midori and Cointreau into mixer glass. Now you can add your Midori and Countreau to your mixer glass. You can add more or less of each ingredient, based on your taste.
- Add squeezed lemon juice into mixer glass. You will now take your squeezed lemon juice and put it into your mixer glass. If you prefer more you can add more, or less.
- Mix up the ingredients in mixer glass thoroughly with straw or spoon. Now that you have your ingredients in your mixer glass, you need to mix them together thoroughly. You can stir them up with a straw or spoon.
- Strain the ingredients into your cocktail glass. After mixing the ingredients together, you will now want to strain the drink into the cocktail glass. You can use as much or little of the ice in the drink as preferred.
- Accessorize your drink if desired. If you want to use accessories for your drink, you can leave the straw in it or you can add an umbrella. This gives the drink a colorful, festive look.
- Sit back and enjoy!