Need to know how to make jeans look worn? If you can’t find that perfect pair of jeans with the lived-in look, take it upon yourself to make your jeans look worn. There’s no point in paying the higher prices for someone at the factory to do it when you’re perfectly capable of giving them the distressed look for nothing. Follow these steps to make your jeans look worn.
To make jeans look worn, you will need:
- Denim jeans
- A vegetable or cheese grater
- A washing machine
- The first step in giving your jeans the worn look is to run them through a wash cycle. This will remove all excess dye that the factory didn’t get out.
- Run the sandpaper over the seat, around the pocket area, over the knees and at the hemline. Start out with a gentle, circular motion and stop before the jeans look as worn as you want.
- If you want a few rips or tears, start with the grater. Scrape the areas over the grater until you catch a snag that creates a small hole. Never use scissors to cut the holes. Tug at the hole a little to make your jeans look worn in a more natural way.
- Wash your jeans again on the normal cycle, then toss them in the dryer. This will fray the torn edges and make your jeans look even more worn.
- For an even more worn look on your jeans, repeat the steps until you have them like you want them. Just remember that each time you wash the jeans, the rips and tears will get bigger.
Now that you know how to make jeans look worn, there’s no need to buy them that way. You can put the tears and frays exactly where you want them rather than where the factory thinks you should have them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”