No one likes wearing stiff jeans, so learn how to make jeans soft without putting them in the dryer. Follow these directions in order to get soft jeans. No need to put them in the dryer!
You will need:
- Laundry detergent with fabric softener
- 1/2 cup coarse ground salt
- Cheese grater or sand paper
- Wash your jeans more often. The softest jeans are the "distressed" style. One of the ways jeans get "distressed" is by going through the wash multiple times. Add a half cup of coarse table salt with your laundry detergent. The sodium in the coarse crystals softens the denim. Now your jeans should feel soft and "distressed" without being put in the dryer.
- Use a laundry detergent with fabric softener. Fabric softener will make your jeans soft. Try Tide with Downy for example. Always use liquid laundry detergent. Many powdered laundry detergents can leave residue or not completely rinse out. Detergent residue will make your jeans stiff and crispy. For best results, use an extra rinse cycle.
- Wear your jeans more often. Wearing your jeans will help to stretch them out. This will make the denim feel softer and less stiff. This is the most natural way to make your jeans soft.
- Use sandpaper or a cheese grater. If you decide to use this step, you should first practice on a pair of jeans you don't care about. Rubbing your jeans with sand paper or a cheese grater will soften the denim and create a worn appearance (if that is what you are going for). Make sure you don't rub the jeans too hard or you will create holes. You will probably want to take the jeans off before attempting this.
- Check the labels of the next pair of jeans you buy. If you ruin your jeans or get bored of trying to make your jeans soft, you can buy new jeans that have already gone through the softening process. Look for jeans that are labelled "distressed" or "enzyme washed" when you're shopping for a new pair of jeans. Look for an indication that the jeans were subjected to enzyme washing before sale.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Now Fat and Scruffy, Mark-Paul Gosselaar Tells Us All About ...
The man formerly known as Zack Morris is hairier, heftier and playing a Major League catcher in the new FOX show.