If you’re look for a sure-fire way to make a statement at your next party, then make Jello shots with liquor. No longer just for the college crowd, Food & Wine magazine reports that these tasty treats are taking center stage in fancy Manhattan restaurants and sophisticated at-home soirees alike, and its editors have even created a recipe for a haute Jello shot with bacon and maple syrup. Whether you go classy or you go classic, it’s easy to make Jello shots with at home—and your guests are sure to thank you for it.
To make Jello shots with liquor, you’ll need:
- 10 ounces hard alcohol—like vodka or rum
- 16 ounces boiling water
- 8 ounces cold water
- 2 3-ounce packages of Jello in any flavor
- Paper cups
- A refrigerator
- Before you make your Jello shots with liquor, make sure your cups are ready. You can purchase paper or plastic cups specifically designed for Jello shots at many party stores. You can also buy a package of small paper cups and cut off the tops, leaving a 1-2 inch base to hold your shots.
- When you’re ready to make your Jello shots with liquor, bring 16 ounces of water to a boil. In a heatproof bowl, pour both packages of Jello. Add the boiling water and stir for at least two minutes until the Jello is completely dissolved. Stir in the cold water and the alcohol you’ve selected to make your Jello shots with liquor.
- To make your Jello shots with liquor, fill your shot glasses with your Jello-alcohol mixture. Place your shots on a tray or a board to make moving them easy. Then put them in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- After you make your Jello shots with liquor, leave them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them. They’ll keep for about two weeks, but chances are they’ll be gone long before that!
- Once you get the hang of how to make Jello shots with liquor, you can get creative. Mix and match Jello flavors with your favorite types of alcohol to create signature shots. You can even add “drop-ins” by putting ingredients like gummy worms or brandy soaked maraschino cherries into each cup before your Jello shots are refrigerated. No matter which variation you choose, any time you make Jello shots with liquor, your party will be a hit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.