How To Make A Jump Shot
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn about how to make a jump shot. Typically, most jump shots are worth two points. However, those made from behind the three-point line are worth three points. In order to achieve optimal results when it comes to shooting jump shots, be sure to get in plenty of practice. This is the only way that you will be able to consistently make the jump shot.
- Hold the ball correctly. When shooting a jump shot, the ball should be held with the dominant hand supporting the bottom of the ball. The other hand should be resting on the side of the ball, holding it in place. In addition, the ball should be held at chest height in order to achieve optimal results.
- Position your feet. This is another important step when it comes to shooting a jump shot. Make sure that your feet are spaced one shoulder's width apart, and both toes are pointing forward.
- Bend your knees. As you do so, slowly and carefully lower your buttocks toward the ground, as if you were about to sit in a chair.
- Use the muscles in your legs to straighten your body back up to its full, upright position. Continue to use these muscles to push your feet off the ground, jumping into the air. As you do so, use the muscles in your arms to push the ball up, away from your chest, and towards the hoop.
- Practice. As stated above, this is the only way to become proficient as shooting jump shots.