For those who enjoy cocktails that aren't overly sweet or mask the flavor of the alcohol, learning how to make a Kamikaze cocktail is essential. The name Kamikaze is Japanese in origin and refers to Japanese bomber pilots in World War II who would intentionally crash their planes into American vessels, using their planes as the bomb rather than risking missing a missile attack.
To make a Kamikaze cocktail, you will need the following:
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- Lime Wedge
- Cocktail Glass
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1 cup Ice
- Chill your cocktail glass ahead of time by placing it in the freezer for two to three hours.
- Pour the ice into the shaker.
- Pour the vodka, Triple Sec, and lime juice on top of the ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the mix into the chilled cocktail glass.
- Take the lime wedge and squeeze the juice into the Kamikaze cocktail, then pop the wedge in the drink. You can also choose to just put the lime wedge on the rim of the glass instead of squeezing the juice into the Kamikaze cocktail.
While the Kamikaze cocktail is typically a drink without ice, you can choose to make your Kamikaze cocktail on the rocks. To do this, just place a few ice cubes into your chilled cocktail glass, or you can use a rocks glass. The Kamikaze cocktail can also be served as a shot, use a shot glass instead of the cocktail glass, and reduce all parts to 1/2 oz. Follow all other directions as stated.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …