If you're looking to spice up your Kentucky Derby party, learn how to make a Kentucky Screwdriver cocktail. Not only does this cocktail have one of the single most popular base liqueurs, i.e. bourbon, it’s so popular it’s got multiple names. It’s also known as a Black-eyed Susan or as a Yellow Jacket.
To make a Kentucky Screwdriver cocktail you will need:
- Orange juice
- Collins glass
- Ingredients:To make a Kentucky Screwdriver cocktail you need two things. Bourbon and orange juice. In most recipes neither the brand of bourbon nor the brand of orange juice are specified. It’s generally accepted that you use your favorite brand of each.
- Quantities:To make a Kentucky Screwdriver cocktail you will need two ounces of bourbon and orange juice. The amount of orange juice generally depends on you. It’s meant to top off the bourbon so be careful you don’t over power the bourbon with the orange juice.
- Glass:The classic Collins glass is the glass of choice for a Kentucky Screwdriver. Of course you can always change it, but the Collins glass was made for bourbon and it’s practically law that it’s the glass used.
- Mix:To make a Kentucky Screwdriver simple pour the two ounces of bourbon into the Collins glass. Then top it off with the orange juice. The amount of orange juice is up to you, just be careful that you don’t over power the bourbon with the orange juice.
- Drink:A Kentucky Screwdriver is mean to be enjoyed slowly. Relax and sip.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …