If you want to make a fun drink with a tropical flavor that will be the hit of any pool party, it's time to learn how to make a Key Lime Pie Martini. In a dessert-inspired twist on the classic martini, the flavors of lime and vanilla come together in a glass rimmed with crushed graham crackers to make a cocktail that is as delicious as it is presentable. The Key Lime Pie Martini is the perfect summer cocktail to serve by the pool. Even people who aren't fans of martinis will appreciate the refreshing citrus flavor of a Key Lime Pie Martini.
To make a Key Lime Pie Martini, you will need:
- Martini glass
- Flat plate
- Cocktail shaker
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- One tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 oz vanilla-flavored vodka
- 1 1/2 oz key lime liqueur
- 1/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/3 oz Rose's lime juice
- 1 1/4 oz half and half
- Prepare the serving glass. On a flat plate, combine the crushed graham crackers and powdered sugar. Coat the rim of the glass with some fresh lime juice and then place the glass upside down onto the plate so that the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar stick to the rim. This is not only visually appealing but will also add a bit of crunch and a sweet taste to the Key Lime Pie Martini.
- Mix the drink. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Add the vanilla-flavored vodka, key lime liqueur, fresh lime juice, Rose's lime juice, and half and half. Shake vigorously for thirty seconds and then strain into the serving glass. Pour very carefully so you do not disturb the graham cracker mixture that is adhered to the rim of the glass.
- Serve the drink. The Key Lime Pie Martini should always be served immediately after mixing while it is still cold. Garnish with a wedge of lime if desired.
- If you are serving the Key Lime Pie Martini outside on a hot day, you may want to begin with a chilled martini glass so that the drink will stay cold longer. Simply place the glass into the refrigerator a few hours before you plan to make the drink.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)