If you like Korean cuisine, chances are you want to know how to make kimchi. This healthy Korean staple is great as a side dish, with rice, barbecued meats, or as a topping for ramen. Homemade kimchi is much better than the commercial kind sold in a jar. Learn how to make kimchi at home by following these steps.
- 1 large head Napa cabbage
- 1 daikon radish, peeled and grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1-inch ginger root, peeled and grated
- ½ cup Korean chili powder
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Clean glass jars
1. Prepare the cabbage for kimchi. Cut in quarters lengthwise and remove the stem sections.
2. Place the cabbage in a very large bowl or container and add the salt. Cover with cold water, keeping the cabbage submerged with a plate or bowl. Let it sit for a few hours.
3. Mix all other ingredients together. This will be the flavor base for your kimchi.
4. Remove cabbage from the salt water and drain. Rinse well and dry.
5. Make kimchi by mixing the cabbage and other ingredients together well. Using your hands works best. Wear gloves to prevent burning your skin from the chili powder.
6. Pack the kimchi into clean glass jars and cover. Place the jars into the fridge and leave for three days. Eat your homemade kimchi within one week.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.