When it comes to enjoying a new cocktail, you should learn how to make a Kyoto Sour cocktail. The mix of sake along with the spice found in a jalapeno pepper is quite interesting. Add a little simple syrup and the tartness of grapefruit, and this drink is like nothing you’ve had before. This beverage goes excellently with Japanese or spicy ethnic food. Here’s how to make a Kyoto Sour cocktail.
To make a Kyoto Sour cocktail you will need:
- Three oz. Sake
- Jalapeno pepper
- Dash of lemon juice
- Dash of grapefruit juice
- Dash of simple syrup
- Two grapefruit wedges
- Cracked ice
- Cocktail shaker
- Get started. In a cocktail shaker, place a sliced jalapeno pepper and one of the grapefruit slices at the bottom.
- Mix it up. Muddle the jalapeno pepper and grapefruit using your spoon until the juices and seeds of each are at the bottom the shaker.
- Sweetener. Add a dash of simple syrup, lemon juice and grapefruit juice.
- Alcohol. Add the sake to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake it up. Fill the rest of the cocktail shake with ice and shake vigorously.
- Stay cool. Add ice to a small cocktail glass.
- Pour. Strain the contents of the shaker into the cocktail glass.
- Garnish. Add a wedge of grapefruit to the glass.
- Drink. Serve the Kyoto Sour Cocktail to awaiting guests.
If you’re hosting a large party of people for ethnic or Japanese food, make the Kyoto Sour Cocktail your signature drink for the night. Simply make a giant pitcher of the cocktail ahead of time and serve to the guests when they arrive. Just remember to place very little ice in the pitcher as you don’t want to water down the drink. It’ll be much easier to entertain and your guests will enjoy the Kyoto Sour Cocktail.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.