Learning how to make lasagna layer meat sauce is a very important part of making homemade lasagna for your family and friends. The meat sauce is the part of the dish that touches and flavors everything else, such as the noodles, cheeses and whatever else you put in your lasagna. If your meat sauce is bad, it makes the whole lasagna bad. The good news is that learning how to make lasagna layer meat sauce can be done simply by following the recipe below. Add this meat sauce to your lasagna and you'll not only have a delicious meal but a comfort food that will be requested by your family and guests again and again.
To make lasagna layer meat sauce, you'll need:
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 2 cans (6.5 ounce) canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Cooking times may vary depending on your equipment.
- Mix in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally.
- Add in the sugar, basil, fennel, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and half the parsley. Stir and continue cooking for another one and a half to two hours, stirring occasionally. When you've finished, pour the sauce in between layers of noodles and cheese.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!