Learning how to make lasagna layer meat sauce is a very important part of making homemade lasagna for your family and friends. The meat sauce is the part of the dish that touches and flavors everything else, such as the noodles, cheeses and whatever else you put in your lasagna. If your meat sauce is bad, it makes the whole lasagna bad. The good news is that learning how to make lasagna layer meat sauce can be done simply by following the recipe below. Add this meat sauce to your lasagna and you'll not only have a delicious meal but a comfort food that will be requested by your family and guests again and again.
To make lasagna layer meat sauce, you'll need:
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 2 cans (6.5 ounce) canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Cooking times may vary depending on your equipment.
- Mix in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally.
- Add in the sugar, basil, fennel, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and half the parsley. Stir and continue cooking for another one and a half to two hours, stirring occasionally. When you've finished, pour the sauce in between layers of noodles and cheese.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …