Learning how to make lasagna from scratch is quite simple and can make you appear to be more proficient in the kitchen than you likely are. The level of “from scratch” varies, however, and some may brave trying to make the lasagna noodles from scratch too. The easiest way to make lasagna from scratch is to use dried lasagna noodles and jarred pasta sauce, which seems like “cheating” but you will still have a “from scratch” finished product.
- Lasagna Noodles (dried)
- 2 Jars Pasta Sauce
- 16oz. Container Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Parsley (dried)
- 4 Cups Mozzarella (shredded)
- 13-by-9 inch baking dish
- Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil.When the water is boiling rapidly, add the lasagna noodles and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring gently to keep the noodles from sticking together. Drain and run under cold water until the noodles are cool; this stops them from cooking too much.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the Ricotta, 1/4 Cup Parmesan, Egg, and Parsley. Add a little salt and pepper if desired. Stir well.
- Turn the oven to 375 degrees.Allow the oven to preheat completely.
- In the baking dish, spread about a cup of pasta sauce over the bottom of the empty dish.Taking one lasagna noodle at a time, carefully lay the noodles in a single layer across the bottom of the baking dish, running the noodles the long way, similar to the way a wood floor looks. If noodles are too short, cut other noodles to fill up the bottom. If necessary, overlap the long edges a little to fit.
- Spoon about half of the Ricotta mixture onto the noodles and very carefully spread the Ricotta mixture out to cover the noodle layer.Sprinkle about 1/3 of the Mozzarella cheese over the Ricotta mixture. Top with another layer of noodles. On top of the second layer of noodles, spread about 1/2 to one cup of sauce. Follow the sauce with the remaining Ricotta mixture. Top with about 1/3 of the Mozzarella, then the final layer of noodles. On the top, spread about a cup of pasta sauce over the noodles. Top with the remaining Mozzarella and the remaining 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving. If you do not let it cool at least 10 minutes, the Ricotta filling will be too spilly and the pieces of lasagna will not serve nicely.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …