At your next cocktail party, retro your martini drinkers by learning how to make a lava lamp martinis. It takes a little bit of prep work, but worth the oh’s and ah’s! For the lava lamp martini forsake the traditional martini glass for a glass that has a longer neck so your lava lamp martini will have room to move. Your guest won’t know whether to gaze at their lava lamp martini or drink it! Groovy Baby!
- 1 package (3oz) of red Jell-O instant gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup of vodka
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine or champagne
- 6 small paper cups
- 6 flute or high ball glasses
- Prepare the lava for the lava lamp martini. In a mixing bowl, stir together the gelatin mix, and the boiling water until completely dissolved. Add the vodka. Mix and put equal amounts in the paper cups. Chill until firm, at least three hours.
- Break up the chilled gelatin cups with a fork. To begin making your lava lamp martini take a fork scoop around and rake up the gelatin back and forth. Place one cup of broken up gelatin in each flute or highball glass.
- Pop open the champagne. Make the lava lamp martini by pouring champagne in equal amounts into each flute or highball glass.
- Stir the lava lamp martini. By lightly giving your lava martini a stir you will create the “lava” movement up and down the glass.
- Try with different color Jell-O’s for different lava’s.
- Drink with caution…lava martini’s are known to have a kick.
- Use seltzer instead of champagne for a non alcoholic lava lamp martini
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?