When you need something a little different, learn how to make leather pants. Look at the texture and grain of various leathers and suede before choosing one to make your leather pants. Consider all of the components like zippers and snaps to see how difficult they are to incorporate into the leather pants.
To make leather pants, you will need:
- Heavy-duty sewing machine
- Pants pattern
- Select the leather. There are so many choices in leather today that finding the right color, weight, and texture should be fairly easy. Ask at the fabric store if you need a heavy-duty needle for your sewing machine or a heavy-duty sewing machine to sew two layers of the leather before buying it.
- Cut out the pattern. Patterns straight out of the envelope come in one big pieces so it's necessary to trim the pattern to get all of the separate pieces you'll need to make leather pants.
- Cut the leather and pattern. On a table, lay out the leather and set the pattern on top. To avoid pin pricks in the leather, ask a friend for help. They can hold down the pattern while you trim the leather pants piece by piece.
- Sew the leather pants. With right sides together, follow the directions that came with the pants pattern and begin sewing the leather pants. Go in order to avoid any headaches. Sew the seams and add the zipper in the order that is in the pattern directions. Add snaps or other components according to the pants pattern directions. Trim any threads and tidy up the leather pants.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.