How To Make A Leeds Cocktail
Have you ever wondered how to learn to make a Leeds cocktail? A Leeds cocktail is a great drink that will impress your guests. This cocktail is a brandy-based drink and contains a relatively high alcohol content. It is sweet and delicate in flavor and goes extremely well with Mediterranean cuisine. It can also be served after dinner with dessert.
To make a Leeds cocktail, you will need:
- 1 oz. brandy
- 1 oz. green chartreuse
- 1/2 oz. dry gin
- 1/4 oz. Italian vermouth
- 1/4 oz. apple juice
- Lemon peel for garnish
- Crushed ice
- Cocktail shaker
- Chilled cocktail glass
- Fill a shaker with ice. To make a perfect Leeds cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker half way full with crushed ice.
- Add the ingredients. Add the brandy, green chartreuse, the dry gin, the Italian vermouth and the apple juice. Be sure to measure each ingredient properly and accurately.
- Cover the shaker. Cover and shake the cocktail for no more than fifteen seconds. When making drinks with gin, over shaking will bruise the gin and the flavor will be ruined. It's important to not over shake.
- Strain contents. Strain the contents out of the cocktail shaker and pour the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish. Garnish the Leeds cocktail with a freshly twisted lemon peel.
- Serve. Serve the Leeds cocktail immediately for best flavor. This cocktail tastes best when served ice cold. On hot days, crushed ice can be added to the drink to keep it cold.