Those who want to learn how to make a lengua burrito are those who have developed a specific taste for a tender and juicy burrito. Others are repulsed by the fact that a lengua burrito is actually made from beef tongue. Though the idea of eating tongue may seem strange, it's actually a very tasty and tender treat when prepared correctly. A lengua burrito is an excellent way to eat tongue because the texture can be disguised.
Ingredients you'll need:
- Two lb. of beef tongue
- Four cloves of peeled and minced garlic
- Three chopped yellow onions
- One chopped purple onion
- Five bay leaves
- One tbsp. of peppercorns
- One can of beef broth
- Large pot
- Large frying pan
- Ten cups of water
- Two cups of cheddar cheese
- Two cups of prepared wild rice
- Soft corn tortillas
- Three chopped green peppers
- Prepare the tongue. The first thing that needs to be done to make a lengua burrito is to prepare the tongue. To do this, place the tongue in a large pot with the minced garlic, yellow onion, bay leaves, peppercorns, water and beef broth. Once the water begins to boil, lower the temperature so that the broth is simmering. Allow broth to simmer for three and a half hours. Remove the tongue from the pot and allow to cool. Remove the thin outer layer of the tongue.
- Make the tongue usable for burritos. You will need to slice the tongue into pieces that are about one-fourth of an inch thick and three-fourths of an inch long. Place these slices in a frying pan along with the remaining onions and green peppers. Cook at a simmer until the tongue has turned dark brown.
- Put the burrito together. After making the tortillas soft by heating them on the stove, layer the tongue, green peppers, onions, cheese and rice on the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas into a burrito and serve. Some people enjoy their lengua burrito served with salsa on top or on the side.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.