Need to know how to make lengua tacos? There are many variations on the traditional taco, and which you make depends on your person preference. You have the chicken taco, meatless taco, fish taco and many more. Let's say you have some left over beef tongue from another recipe, and you are unsure of how to use it. Well, you can always make lengua tacos with the leftovers, and this excellent recipe for lengua tacos will show you how.
To make lengua tacos, you will need:
- A three to four pound beef tongue (lengua)
- Six to seven bay leaves
- Two large onions, peeled
- A head of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Two tablespoons salt
- One tablespoon peppercorns
- Vegetable oil
- Salsa verde
- Corn tortillas
- Chopped red onion
- Radishes, sliced thin for garnish
- Use a large twelve quart stock pot, and fill it with water about two thirds from the rim of the pot. Add in the lengua, crushed garlic cloves, onions, peppercorns, bay leaves and salt. Bring this to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer. Let this cook for approximately three hours, or until the lengua is soft and tender to the touch.
- Once the lengua is tender and soft, remove it from the water and let it cool for a few minutes. Once cooled, remove the skin-like covering with a sharp knife or your fingers, and discard. There is a rough patch of meat at the base of the tongue that can be removed if you prefer; it is rough, but edible.
- Slice the tongue into quarter-inch thick sections. Heat the vegetable oil on medium high in a skillet, and cook the slices until lightly browned. Once browned, removed the slices and cut them into strips, then cut crosswise, making the lengua into cubes.
- If you like your tortillas softened, you may do this now by cooking them on the stovetop until you see pockets of air. You can also cook them in the microwave for approximately ten to thirteen seconds. Add a large spoonful of the meat onto the center of the tortilla. Add the salsa verde, chopped red onion, chopped avocado and the cilantro. If preferred, garnish with the sliced radish. A three-pound tongue can make approximately 18 to 24 tacos.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.