How To Make A Lewiston Cocktail
Learn how to make a Lewiston cocktail by following a few simple steps. This sweet drink is infused with ice cream, cream and several sweet liqueurs. Use premium ingredients to make this drink, including a high quality brandy and other liqueurs, and natural cream and ice cream choices. Serve this drink as a dessert, but not with dessert, as its rich taste makes it a sufficient dessert on its own.
When making a Lewiston cocktail, you will need:
- ice cubes
- cocktail shaker
- cocktail glass
- 1/2 ounce cherry brandy
- an ounce grapefruit vodka
- 1/2 ounce vanilla cream liqueur
- 1/2 ounce heavy cream
- tablespoon vanilla ice cream
- Place four ice cubes in the shaker. While ice is not necessary, its addition gives the liqueurs a uniformly chilled taste.
- Pour the liqueurs into the shaker. Add the cherry brandy, grapefruit vodka and vanilla cream liqueur to the shaker.
- Pour the heavy cream into the shaker. Top off the drink with the tablespoon of vanilla ice cream.
- Shake the shaker vigorously back and forth to mix the contents thoroughly. Shaking the shaker about five times should mix the contents thoroughly.
Pour the contents from the shaker into a cocktail glass. Ice cubes added to the glass is unnecessary with the Lewiston Cocktail as this drink is cold enough from the ice cubes in the shaker and the addition of cold cream and ice cream.
- Place a straw in your Lewiston cocktail. Its shake-like taste begs for it to be enjoyed through a straw.
Try using different flavors of ice cream for variety in your Lewiston cocktail.