You can make a light, fluffy buttery biscuit at home to serve with any meal. Not only are these wonderful when served as part of a meal, but the fluffy, buttery biscuits make a perfect breakfast or snack treat when served warm with honey or jam.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¾ cup cold milk
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture. Use your fingers or a pastry blender to thoroughly work in the butter.
- Add the milk gradually. Mix just until blended but do not over mix.
- Roll or pat dough to ½ or ¾ inch thick. Cut biscuits with a round biscuit cutter or overturned mug.
- Place biscuits on a well buttered baking sheet. Place them close together for fluffier biscuits; farther apart for crisper edges.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for twelve to fifteen minutes. Bake until they are light brown and fluffy.
- Serve immediately while biscuits are hot. Leftovers can be reheated gently; however, biscuits are best served fresh.
Serving suggestions for biscuits:
- Dip in soup or stew.
- Serve in place of buttered bread with spaghetti.
- Slice in half and spread with honey or jam.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Cut in half and cover with hot baked beans.
- Place a fried egg in the center of the biscuit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.