If you want a tangy and unusual appetizer for a party, you may want to know how to make lime pickles. Lime pickles can be served with chips as a dip or they can be served as a relish. Any way you want to use them is fine and your guests will usually want more. Be sure to make a big batch so that you can please everyone.
- Limes – (9)
- Salt 5 – tbsp
- Chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Urad Dhal – 1 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Glass bottle for storage
- Wash the limes thoroughly and dry them.
- Cut three of the limes and squeeze them. Set the juice aside to use for later.
- Cut the remaining six limes. Cut the stalk end and then cut the limes into quarters to get smaller pieces.
- Place the limes in a glass bowl. Pour the juice that you set aside over the limes in the bowl.
- Add in the salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, and sugar. Blend these ingredients well.
- Prepare a hot frying pan. Add in your olive oil and mustard seeds.
- Stir in the urad dhal and the methi seeds. Fry the mixture for about 30 seconds.
Turn off the burner and add in the asafoetida.
- Pour the stir fry mixture into the bowl of limes. Mix well.
- Microwave the entire mixture for one minute. Pour the mixture in a glass container. Store the lime pickle mixture at least two to three weeks before eating.
By following these steps correctly, you can make wonderful lime pickles at home. Don't forget to screw the lid tightly on the storage jar for the best results.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.